Sunday, June 17, 2012

Verse of the Day 6/17

Luke 11:2 (AMP) And He said to them, When you pray, say: Our Father Who is in heaven, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come. Your will be done [held holy and revered] on earth as it is in heaven.
 
This is the first Father's Day since my dad went home to be with the Lord last December.  I miss him, especially on days like today.  I also take joy in knowing that he is with our heavenly Father and know that someday I will be there as well.
In the meantime I can go to my heavenly Father with my prayers, cares, and praises.
 
While he was in the hospital last December, my daughter Laurie and her husband Jeff came to visit dad for the last time, knowing it would be their last time to see him.  Their daughter, our granddaughter Layna, at that time not quite four years old, asked if she could go in and see him.  Laurie told her that she was sorry, but that grandpa was very sick and would soon be going to be with Jesus.  I'll never forget Layna's response, "tell him to say hi to Jesus for me".
It brought a sense of joy, peace, and hope to the moment.
 
My prayer as a father today is that our kids and grandkids will know their heavenly Father, that He will be "held holy and revered" in their lives, that they will go to Him in all the seasons and circumstances of life.  I also pray that when my time comes their response will be the same as little Layna's, "say hi to Jesus for me."
 
Until then, we'll treasure the time together.
 
I love you dad, and I love you Father, Spirit, Son.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Luke 11:1-2  Amplified Bible (AMP)
11 Then He was praying in a certain place; and when He stopped, one of His disciples said to Him, Lord, teach us to pray, [just] as John taught his disciples.
2 And He said to them, When you pray, say: Our Father Who is in heaven, hallowed be Your name, Your kingdom come. Your will be done [held holy and revered] on earth as it is in heaven.

No comments: