Saturday, April 13, 2013

Verse of the Day 4/13

 
Galatians 4:19-20  My little children, for whom I am again suffering birth pangs until Christ is completely and permanently formed (molded) within you,
20 Would that I were with you now and could coax you vocally, for I am fearful and perplexed about you!   Amplified Bible (AMP)
 
In today's verses Paul shows his pastoral heart as he expresses his longing that the recipients of this letter would have Christ formed, molded in them.  This desire should be in the heart of a pastor, a parent, or anyone involved in Christian ministry.
 
Paul also reveals that it hurts him, and weighs on his heart when this is not the case.  So it is with us for our children, congregations, or students are not walking as they should.  Our desire, our prayers, our efforts are to see Christ formed in them and in turn to the next generation.
 
Before we will truly desire this for others, it should be our prayer our desire that God awakens our hearts to love Him more.  The song "Awake My Soul" by Philips, Craig and Dean comes to mind.
 
Awake my soul, prepare an entrance for Your glory
And let my heart become a throne for You to dwell
And when I need Your Holy Spirit more than life itself
Then Christ is formed in me
 
When I lose myself, I reflect Your image
When I break, I break my will, then I am whole
When I give, give my all, I find life everlasting
Then Christ is formed in me
 
Henry Scougal writes, "True religion is a union of the soul with God, a real participation of the Divine nature, the very image of God drawn upon the soul, or, in the apostle's phrase, 'it is Christ formed within us.'
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Galatians 4:18-20

New Living Translation (NLT)

18 If someone is eager to do good things for you, that's all right; but let them do it all the time, not just when I'm with you.

19 Oh, my dear children! I feel as if I'm going through labor pains for you again, and they will continue until Christ is fully developed in your lives. 20 I wish I were with you right now so I could change my tone. But at this distance I don't know how else to help you.

No comments: