Sunday, April 14, 2013

Verse of the Day 4/14

 

Psalm 25:9-10  He leads the humble in what is right,
    and teaches the humble his way.
10 All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness,
    for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.   English Standard Version (ESV)

 
If you were to ask our son Jeff to describe himself, he would probably come back to you with "handsome and humble".  In our opinion he is.  Not many people could get away with such a statement but Jeff can.  You will often hear him say that he is "proud".  But this pride is not in himself or who he is, it is in others, first and foremost with His Savior Jesus Christ.  Jeff is probably the most trusting, loving and appreciative person I know.  The testimony of his life is that he trusts in God's faithfulness and love and he sees it in the lives of others.
 
A few verses earlier in the passage we read:
 
Psalm 25:4-5  Make me to know your ways, O Lord;
    teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are the God of my salvation;
    for you I wait all the day long.   English Standard Version (ESV)
 
It is the one whose heart is contrite and humble that the Lord will lead along the paths of life.  It is such a humble heart that is teachable, that is leadable, and that learns to trust in and depend upon His steadfast love and faithfulness.  This person will have pride in their God and take pride in what He does through others, trusting that He will lead them through it all.
 

I've had many tears and sorrows
I've had questions for tomorrow
There've been times I didn't know right from wrong
But in every situation
God gave blessed consolation
That my trials only come to make me strong

I've been a lot of places
And I've seen so many faces
But there've been times I've felt so all alone
But in that lonely hour
In that precious, lonely hour
Jesus let me know I was His own

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God
Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to depend upon His Word  - Andrae Crouch

In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Psalm 25:8-10

Amplified Bible (AMP)

Good and upright is the Lord; therefore will He instruct sinners in [His] way.

He leads the humble in what is right, and the humble He teaches His way.

10 All the paths of the Lord are mercy and steadfast love, even truth and faithfulness are they for those who keep His covenant and His testimonies.

No comments: