Friday, April 26, 2013

Verse of the Day 4/26

 
John 15:16-17 You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed you [I have planted you], that you might go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit may be lasting [that it may remain, abide], so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name [as [a]presenting all that I Am], He may give it to you.

17 This is what I command you: that you love one another.  Amplified Bible (AMP)

 
Yesterday we considered the NFL draft, relating it to choosing, about deciding to follow Christ that we may have/obtain new life.   In today's verse we see that Jesus actually chooses us first.  He has chosen us and planted us where we are with a purpose.  He has a spot on His team for us, each of us with an individually planned purpose.  The story of Esther comes to mind.  "And who knows but that you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this and for this very occasion?" (Esther 4:14 Amp)
 
The question remains, what will we do with that opportunity?  Choose to get in the game, to produce, score and win in the game for Christ.   And just how is that done?  It is giving of yourself, loving one another as Christ loved and loves us.  We find new life in loving God, with the goal to love others as He loved.  Ask what He would have you to do and He will give you the power, the courage to see it through to the final victory.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

John 15:15-17 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

15 I do not call you slaves anymore, because a slave doesn't know what his master[a] is doing. I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have heard from My Father. 16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you. I appointed you that you should go out and produce fruit and that your fruit should remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give you. 17 This is what I command you: Love one another.

No comments: