Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Verse of the Day 1/10

Verse of the Day 1/10



John 14:26
New King James Version



26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Today's verse comes from John 14 where we find Jesus illustration of the "mansion" that is being set aside for us.  Twice, He tells us "let not your heart be troubled", and in verse 27 tells us "my peace I give to you".

When reading this chapter I have usually focused on the "don't let your heart be troubled" aspect just mentioned. But in today's verse it was the "Holy Spirit" that caught my attention.  In this verse we have all three persons of the Trinity mentioned.  Jesus, the Son, speaks of the Father and the Holy Spirit. How often do you think of God's presence in your life?  How often do you thank and prasie Him for "the Spirit"?

Burk Parsons writes" We often hear people say that the sovereignty of God is on every page of scripture, but so is the Spirit of God.  For the Spirit of God cannot be separated from the sovereignty of God.  Christ was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit made us alive in Christ. The Holy Spirit gives us eyes to see, ears to hear and hearts to understand. The Holy Spirit sustains us, convicts us comforts us and preserves us, and He will be with us forever. He is the sanctifying Spirit who humbles us, leads us to repent, enables us to forgive, and opens our lips that we might praise our triune God."

Praise the Father, praise the Son
Praise the Spirit, three in one

God of glory, Majesty
Praise forever to the King of Kings.  (Hillsong Worship - King of Kings)




Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

John 14:25-31
New King James Version

The Gift of His Peace

25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the [a]Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 28 You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because [b]I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.

29 "And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. 31 But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here.


No comments: