Saturday, January 6, 2024

Verse of the Day 1/6

Verse of the Day 1/6



Ephesians 1:3-4
New International Version


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. 



There's a country song out that states "I have everything I need and nothing that I don't".  It's a good summary of what we have in Christ.  We may not have the riches of the world, or perfect health, or any number of things, but if we have Christ as our Savior we trust that we have what we need and praise God for His presence and His blessings every day no matter the circumstances.

Pastor Greg Laurie writes, "The blessings are there. You can live a blessed life—not a carefree life, a problem-free life, or even an easy life. But you can live a blessed life. Blessings don't mean that everything will go perfectly in our lives. But it's a matter of knowing that God goes with us through life, no matter what."

Whenever we feel that we don't have what we need we may need to step back, pray and see what blessings are there.  It may just surprise you what God is doing. Counting your blessings will help reduce the scale of the challenges in this life.

As we pray, we seek His presence with the source of our blessings.

1 Come, thou Fount of every blessing;
tune my heart to sing thy grace;
streams of mercy, never ceasing,
call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
sung by flaming tongues above;
praise the mount! I'm fixed upon it,
mount of God's unchanging love!

2 Here I raise my Ebenezer;
hither by thy help I'm come;
and I hope, by thy good pleasure,
safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
wandering from the fold of God;
he, to rescue me from danger,
interposed his precious blood.

3 O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let that grace now, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart; O take and seal it;
seal it for thy courts above.








Blessings,
Mike

Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV

Ephesians 1:3-10
New International Version

Praise for Spiritual Blessings in Christ

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he[a] predestined us for adoption to sonship[b] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.


No comments: