Thursday, December 27, 2012

Verse of the Day 12/27

Verse of the Day 12/27   
 
2 Corinthians 6:16   What agreement [can there be between] a temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God; even as God said, I will dwell in and with and among them and will walk in and with and among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.  Amplified Bible (AMP)
 
Yesterday we considered how in Christ, "the Word became flesh and dwelt, literally "tabernacled" among us.  Tabernacled conveys the thought of setting up residence, going back to the Old Testament and the Feast of the Tabernacles.  The tabernacle was a temporary residence.
 
Today's verse speaks of God taking residence in us.  The Amplified paints a good picture, dwelling "in and with and among us".  He takes up residence with us here on earth in our temporary bodies, while we look ahead to the time when we will take up permanent residence with Him in our "mansion just over the hilltop".
 
What will it look like to have Jesus dwelling in and with and among us?  It is living as  one of "His people", It is living by the power of Christ in me.
 
To reach out with Your hands
To learn through Your eyes
To love with the love of a savior
To feel with Your heart
And to think with Your mind
I'd give my last breath for Your glory 
 
Cause when I'm weak, You make me strong
Where I'm blind, You shine Your light on me
Cause I'll never get by living on my own ability
How refreshing to know You don't need me
How amazing to find that you want me
So I'll stand on Your truth, and I'll fight with Your strength
Until You bring the victory, by the power of Christ in me   (from "In Me" - Casting Crowns)
 
I listened to this song yesterday and as the chorus was sung the last time there was a subtle change.  Instead of "when I'm blind" it was changed to where I'm blind.  We all have areas in our lives where we have blinders on, we don't see ourselves as we are.  May the light of His Word shine light on our understanding to see and remove those areas of blindness to learn through His eyes and to live by the power of Christ.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
2 Corinthians 6:15-17  Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
15 What agreement does Christ have with Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement does God's sanctuary have with idols? For we are the sanctuary of the living God, as God said:
 
I will dwell among them
and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they will be My people.
17 Therefore, come out from among them
and be separate, says the Lord;
do not touch any unclean thing,
and I will welcome you.

No comments: