Monday, December 31, 2012

Verse of the Day 12/31

Exodus 33:13  Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found favor in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You [progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, perceiving and recognizing and understanding more strongly and clearly] and that I may find favor in Your sight. And [Lord, do] consider that this nation is Your people.
14 And the Lord said, My Presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest.  Amplified Bible (AMP)
 
In yesterday's verse we were encouraged/challenged to "look for the ancient paths".  Today's verses are a good example of one of those "ancient paths".  Seeking, asking for God's grace, favor and guidance; to lead us into this coming year in the path and direction that He chooses will lead to finding rest.
 
It was a prayer of Moses, it was the prayer of a leader, of a follower of God.  The Amplified Bible reveals what seeking those "ancient paths" will entail, "progressively" becoming more deeply acquainted with God, and recognizing and understanding more clearly" how He would have us live according to His Word.  If we as Christians would give our lives to doing so we might show to others that this nations is "His people".
 
"Show me your way that I may know You"; may that be our simple prayer (simple to say at least), to finish out this year and head into the New Year.
 
Notice God's response to the prayer of Moses in the New Living Translation "I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest.  Wouldn't you like to insert your name there?
 
In Christ,

Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Exodus 33:12-14  New Living Translation (NLT)
Moses Sees the Lord's Glory
 
12 One day Moses said to the Lord, "You have been telling me, 'Take these people up to the Promised Land.' But you haven't told me whom you will send with me. You have told me, 'I know you by name, and I look favorably on you.' 13 If it is true that you look favorably on me, let me know your ways so I may understand you more fully and continue to enjoy your favor. And remember that this nation is your very own people."
 
14 The Lord replied, "I will personally go with you, Moses, and I will give you rest—everything will be fine for you."

No comments: