Friday, December 7, 2012

Verse of the Day 12/7

 
Psalm 73:23-24 Yet I am always with you;
    you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take me into glory.  New International Version (NIV)
 
Today's devotional is dedicated to my Aunt Gladys who passed away yesterday.  She loved the Lord with her heart and her life. 
 
This season we celebrate Jesus as "Immanuel" , God with us.  He came to dwell for a time on this earth and then to dwell in our hearts to lead us in this life and when the time comes, to lead us to our Heavenly Father.
 
The verse fits well with what I believe was her favorite hymn which she asked to have sung to her in her final days.   Do the words ring true in your heart today?
 
Children of the heav'nly Father
Safely in His bosom gather;
Nestling bird nor star in Heaven
Such a refuge e'er was given.
 
God His own doth tend and nourish;
In His holy courts they flourish;
From all evil things He spares them;
In His mighty arms He bears them.
 
Neither life nor death shall ever
From the Lord His children sever;
Unto them His grace He showeth,
And their sorrows all He knoweth.
 
Though He giveth or He taketh,
God His children ne'er forsaketh;
His the loving purpose solely
To preserve them pure and holy.
 
Charles Spurgeon writes, "Seek to be better to your Master every day; be more generous to his cause, more active to labour for him, more kind to his people, more diligent in prayer; and take heed that as you grow in years you grow in grace, so that when you come at last to the river Jordan, and the Master shall give you the best wine, you may also give to him the best wine."
 
Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  New International Version (NIV)
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
Psalm 73:23-26 New International Version (NIV)
23 Yet I am always with you;
    you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.
 

No comments: