Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Verse of the Day 12/4

 
2 Corinthians 4:6  For God Who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts so as [to beam forth] the Light for the illumination of the knowledge of the majesty and glory of God [as it is manifest in the Person and is revealed] in the face of Jesus Christ (the Messiah).  Amplified Bible (AMP)
What makes light so powerful?  It changes the character of darkness.  What is hidden is revealed.  We can walk without stumbling.  We can see beauty that was previously hidden from our eyes.  We can see love in the face of a child as he or she smiles and lights up the room and our hearts.
 
One of the things that jumped out at me as I read the Amplified Bible translation and notes in parentheses, were the words to "beam forth".  They reminded me of our son Jeff.  When he sees a close friend or loved one his face just beams.  His smiles are like no other.  As we prepare our hearts to celebrate Christmas may Christ "beam forth" in our hearts as we consider how God sent His Son Jesus, who stepped out into darkness and opened our hearts to see.
 
As you read the words to "Here I Am to Worship", think of them as "here, I AM, to worship" , "here, I AM, to bow down" and say that you are my God.  Focus on God, the great I AM.  Thank Him for the light that shines in your heart and hopefully in your smile.
 
Light of the world
You stepped down into darkness
Opened my eyes let me see
Beauty that made this heart adore You
Hope of a life spent with You
 
Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that You're my God
You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV
2 Corinthians 4:5-7  Amplified Bible (AMP)
5 For what we preach is not ourselves but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves [merely] as your servants (slaves) for Jesus' sake.
6 For God Who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts so as [to beam forth] the Light for the illumination of the knowledge of the majesty and glory of God [as it is manifest in the Person and is revealed] in the face of Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
7 However, we possess this precious treasure [the divine Light of the Gospel] in [frail, human] vessels of earth, that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves.

No comments: