Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Verse of the Day 1/13



 Verse of the Day 1/13

Isaiah 1:18-19"Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord:

though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
they shall become like wool.
19 If you are willing and obedient,
you shall eat the good of the land; English Standard Version (ESV)

I had read these verses one day last week and had considered sharing them at that time but held off. In our church we don't sing as many of the old hymns as we used to and I do enjoy many of the modern Christian music/songs, but yesterday was we sang "Jesus Paid it All", I was glad that we occasionally sing some of the old hymns and it brought me back to these verses and led me to share them today.

Isaiah chapter one is about true worship, it is not about offerings and sacrifices and empty prayers it is about turning to God with true hearts, repentant hearts. The acts of cleansing and doing right. Read the passage below.

Verse 18 begins with come, let's reason together. It is much like a courtroom seen with testimony and coming to a verdict. Scarlet and crimson reflect the guilt of "blood on their hands" from verse 15. Our strength to remove those stains is weak, we cannot use "elbow grease" to remove these stains. Snow and wool are naturally white, pure and clean. Jesus paid the debt the guilt of our sin and only He can make us clean again.

I hear the Savior say,
"Thy strength indeed is small;
Child of weakness, watch and pray,
Find in Me thine all in all."

Refrain:
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

For nothing good have I
Whereby Thy grace to claim;
I'll wash my garments white
In the blood of Calv'ry's Lamb.

And now complete in Him,
My robe, His righteousness,
Close sheltered 'neath His side,
I am divinely blest.

Lord, now indeed I find
Thy pow'r, and Thine alone,
Can change the *leper's spots [*leopard's]
And melt the heart of stone.

And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete,
I'll lay my trophies down,
All down at Jesus' feet.

Blessings,

Mike

Isaiah 1:12-19 English Standard Version (ESV)

12 "When you come to appear before me,
who has required of you
this trampling of my courts?
13 Bring no more vain offerings;
incense is an abomination to me.
New moon and Sabbath and the calling of convocations—
I cannot endure iniquity and solemn assembly.
14 Your new moons and your appointed feasts
my soul hates;
they have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.
15 When you spread out your hands,
I will hide my eyes from you;
even though you make many prayers,
I will not listen;
your hands are full of blood.
16 Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean;
remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes;
cease to do evil,
17 learn to do good;
seek justice,
correct oppression;
bring justice to the fatherless,
plead the widow's cause.
18 "Come now, let us reason[a] together, says the Lord:
though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
they shall become like wool.
19 If you are willing and obedient,
you shall eat the good of the land;

ollow the verse of the day at mikesvotd.blogspot.com

No comments: