Thursday, January 30, 2020

Verse of the Day 1/30

Verse of the Day 1/30

Psalm 16:7-8   I praise you, Lord,

    for being my guide.
Even in the darkest night,
    your teachings fill my mind.
I will always look to you,
    as you stand beside me
    and protect me from fear.      Contemporary English Version (CEV)

I woke up this morning with the hymn "All the Way My Savior Leads Me" going through my mind.

All the way my Savior leads me
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His faithful mercies?
Who through life has been my guide
Heavenly peace, divinest comfort
Ere by faith in Him to dwell
For I know whate'er fall me
Jesus doeth all things well
All of the way my Savior leads me
And He cheers each winding path I tread
Gives me strength for every trial
And He feeds me with the living bread
And though my weary steps may falter
And my soul a-thirst may be
Gushing from a rock before me
Though a spirit joy I see
And all the way my Savior leads me
Oh, the fullness of His love
Perfect rest in me is promised
In my Father's house above
When my spirit clothed immortal
Wings it's flight through the realms of the day
This my song through endless ages
Jesus led me all the way

Life is full of uncertainty, but if we are a Christ follower, if we have faith in God we believe that God "has got this".  He knows where we are going, He knows the path to lead us down.

Jeremiah 29:11 came to my mind and I thought of posting that as today's verse.  If fits in well with the hymn and the thoughts that were going on in my mind and the prayers being offered for healing for friends and loved ones including my wife Jean.

Jeremiah 29:11 English Standard Version (ESV) For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Then, I read Psalm 16 in my reading in the Psalms this morning, and I've posted it from the Contemporary English Version which I as using this time through the book.  The psalmist praises God for being His guide; teaching him through His Word; always being there at his side; and protecting Him from fear.  Aren't those things we all need, especially when facing uncertainty?

One day our lives will come to an end and we'll be ushered into His presence and we'll realize and "sing through endless ages, Jesus led me all the way."  Read the passage below or the whole Psalm from your translation of choice. May God's Word speak the words that you need to hear today.

--   In Christ,  Mike    Folllow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com  Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,  in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  NIV    

Psalm 16:5-11 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
    you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
    in the night also my heart instructs me.[a]
I have set the Lord always before me;
    because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being[b] rejoices;
    my flesh also dwells secure.
10 For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol,
    or let your holy one see corruption.[c]

11 You make known to me the path of life;
    in your presence there is fullness of joy;
    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

No comments: