Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Verse of the Day 5/21

 

John 8:12  Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."   English Standard Version (ESV)
 

I recently purchased a new cordless drill and screwdriver.  The battery pack on my old one no longer took a charge.  A feature on the new one was that every time you pull the trigger a light comes on so that you can see what you are drilling into.  When in tight places it helps not to be drilling or driving blind.

 

Today's read through the Bible plan brought me to today's verse.  For us Christians, Jesus is the light of life.   He is with us all the time and if we pull the trigger, seek Him, He will lead us in the way we should go.  His light will shine on our way and help us see what we are drilling or driving into in the circumstances of our lives.

 

Unfortunately, at some point, my new cordless drills battery pack will also fail to take a charge and the whole thing will end up in the trash heap.  Fortunately for us, His love, His light, never fails.  He will lead, He will guide our way, shine the light on our path all of our days.  His word is enough for us, unlike the Pharisees who "needed more than this to go on" (see below).

                       

Blessings,
Mike
Follow the verse of the day at wwww.mikesvotd.blogspot.com

 

John 8:11-13

The Message (MSG)

11 "No one, Master."

"Neither do I," said Jesus. "Go on your way. From now on, don't sin."

You're Missing God in All This

12 Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in."

13 The Pharisees objected, "All we have is your word on this. We need more than this to go on."

No comments: