Saturday, May 25, 2013

Verse of the Day 5/25

 
Psalm 51:6  Behold, You desire truth in the inner being; make me therefore to know wisdom in my inmost heart.   Amplified Bible (AMP)
 
In place of truth, other translations use such words as integrity, faithfulness and honesty, they all basically mean the same thing.  As I read this in my devotions this morning I couldn't help but think of the many high ranking public officials who have testified before congress, the press, and on national television who said one thing and then within days, weeks or months came back before the same people with a totally different answer.  When this happens they lose their credibility, honor and respect.
 
It may sound strange, but the words to an old Styx song came to mind:
You're fooling yourself if you don't believe it,
You're kidding yourself if you don't believe it.
 
If you know the truth, but try to hide it, burry it or avoid it, you are only fooling or kidding yourself if you don't believe and hold to it.  As Christians we know the truth about Christ and God's Word reveals to us the truth about ourselves.  But how often do we try to hide the truth that has been revealed to us about God's plan for ourselves?
 
How can you be such an angry young man,
When your future looks quite bright to me,
How can there be such a sinister plan
That could hide such a lamb, such a caring young man
 
You're fooling yourself if you don't believe it,
You're kidding yourself if you don't believe it.
 
It's easy to point fingers at politicians and public officials.  But what about us?  If you have the time read Psalm 51 in which God revealed to David the truth about himself, it enabled God to do a genesis work in him, giving him a true, clean heart.
 
In Christ,
Mike
 
Follow the Verse of the Day blog at http://mikesvotd.blogspot.com
Eph 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace  NIV

Psalm 51:6-15

The Message (MSG)

6 What you're after is truth from the inside out.
    Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life.

7-15 Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean,
    scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
    set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don't look too close for blemishes,
    give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
    shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.

Don't throw me out with the trash,
    or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
    put a fresh wind in my sails!
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
    so the lost can find their way home.
Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
    and I'll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
    I'll let loose with your praise.

No comments: